Strawberry Chia Pudding
This simple and delicious chia pudding is the perfect vehicle for fresh strawberries! Packed with fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats, chia seeds are tiny nutritional powerhouses that gel into a pudding when soaked in coconut milk.
This dish is great to make at night to have ready for a quick and healthy breakfast the next morning! Try topping it with chopped nuts and additional fresh fruit to suit your taste.
- 1 pint strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut (or almond) milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and honey (or sweetener of choice). Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into a glass container, then top with a layer of chopped strawberries. Repeat layering until all the strawberries and chia mixture has been used. Try portioning the mixture out into multiple small mason jars, for easy-to-grab single servings!
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours to let gel.
Before serving, top with shredded coconut. Enjoy!