Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Apple Salad
• 1 lb Brussels sprouts
• 1 medium tart apple (like Granny Smith)
• 1 medium red onion
• 1 C chopped walnuts
• 1/4 C olive oil
• 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Using a sharp knife OR the thinnest blade on a mandolin slicer, slice each sprout separately. Slice the apple and red onion in the same manner. Combine in a large bowl.
2. Toast the walnuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, about two minutes.
3. Add to the Brussels sprout mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Combine the dressing ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close the lid and shake until well-combined.
5. Pour over the Brussels sprout mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.